We predict that the year 2012 will be a momentous one in the tax world… even if the Mayans may not get it right for the world at large!
We have seen significant legislative changes and important judgements in the recent past. These will have their full impact on tax planning and tax administration in 2012. To prepare you for this, our Cape Town office will be presenting a breakfast seminar featuring some of the leading tax practitioners in South Africa. They will offer their insights into the issues that they think you should worry about, right now. These include:
- the sword of de-grouping risk following an section 45 intra-group transaction;
- hidden traps with the transition from STC to dividends tax;
- how an application for interest deductibility under section 23K works;
- share incentive schemes - the past is about to catch up with you, and the future is fraught with danger;
- international tax - CFC amendments, the new headquarter company regime, and treaty reform; and
- the future of preference shares, if any.
Presenters will include Hennie Bester, Des Kruger, Michael Honiball, Anne Bennett and Brian Dennehy, all prominent members of Webber Wentzel's market leading Tax Practice.
*An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted. Source: Wikipedia
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2012
Venue: Webber Wentzel, 15th Floor, Convention Tower, Heerengracht, Foreshore, Cape Town
Time: 07:30 for 08:00 until 11:30
RSVP: Kim Jansen on email@example.com.