The general aviation team has acted for clients ranging from airport operators, airlines, ground handlers, financiers, aircraft lessors, aircraft engine lessors, aircraft engine maintenance companies and airline associates, to the South African Civil Aviation Authority and the South African Department of Transport.
The team has particular experience in:
- advising on the acquisition of airlines in Africa;
- setting up of South African operations and the South African regulatory environment;
- route rights and route right applications;
- competition law in an aviation context;
- tax in an aviation context;
- "off set" obligations in an aviation context; security arrangements at airports; and
- aviation-related contractual arrangements.