Recent work includes advising:
- A global mining company on its USD 5,1 billion acquisition of the Oppenheimer family’s stake in De Beers.
- QKR Corporation in respect of the USD 110 million acquisition of AngloGold Ashanti’s Navachab Gold Mine in Namibia.
- Eskom in relation to a ZAR 91 billion coal supply and off-take agreement with Exxaro for the supply of coal to the Medupi Power Station.
- MMG in respect of various mining assets in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- GEM Diamonds regarding the development of Letseng Diamond Mine in Lesotho and Ghagoo Diamond Mine in Botswana.
- An international mining company during the bidding process for the takeover of Anvil Mining, an ASX and TSX listed mining company with activities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Vale on various aspects pertaining to the development of its Moatize Coal Project in Mozambique and associated infrastructure, including rail.
- A global mining company in acquiring a 51% interest in an iron-ore asset in Guinea for USD 2,5 billion.
- Mantra Resources on the development of its Mkuju River Uranium Project in Tanzania.
- A global mining company in relation to the recapitalisation and refinancing of Bokoni Platinum Holdings, a joint venture company held in the ratio of 51:49 by Plateau Resources (a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlatsa Resources Corporation) and Rustenburg Platinum Mines with a transaction value of ZAR 1,7 billion.
- Universal Coal and Energy Holdings South Africa in relation to the acquisition of the New Clydedale Colliery from Exxaro Coal.
Return to Mining Main Menu