Lindi is a partner in Webber Wentzel's Banking and Finance Practice Group.
She obtained the degrees of B. Proc (cum laude) in 1994 and the LLB (cum laude) in 1996 from RAU and was admitted as an attorney, notary public and conveyancer in 1999.
Lindi advises on all aspects of specialised finance transactions (including stand-alone debt issues and debt programmes, both public and private, domestic and off-shore), syndicated and term lending, general banking finance and general commercial and corporate loan.
Lindi has been nominated to appear in the 7th edition of the Guide to the World's Leading Capital Markets Lawyers as one of the outstanding practitioners in this field and has been named as a 'Leader in her field' (Banking & Finance) by Chambers Global 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Areas of expertise
Securitisations (domestic and cross border)
Other debt capital market transactions (including stand-alone debt issues and debt programmes, both public and private)
Syndicated and term lending
General banking finance
General commercial and corporate law
Absa Bank Limited:
- Issuance of Notes of Series 1 under the R10 billion Asset Backed Note Programme by Home Obligors Mortgage Enhanced Securities (Proprietary) Limited. This was the first securitisation to be rated by all three international rating agencies
- Establishing the R20 billion Credit Linked Note Programme for Absa Bank Limited
- Residential mortgage backed securitisation by Eskom Finance Company (Proprietary) Limited
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited:
- Establishing the Blue Granite Investments Master Programme and acting in respect of the issuances by Blue Granite Investments No 1 (Proprietary) Limited (the first issue under the Master Programme), Blue Granite Investments No 4 (Proprietary) Limited and Siyakha Fund (Proprietary) Limited under the Master Programme
- Reviewing and negotiating Legal Opinions in securitisation and corporate bond issues
Sterling Waterford Securities (Proprietary) Limited:
- Issue of carbon credit notes
Nominated to appear in the 7th edition of the Guide to the World's Leading Capital Markets Lawyers as one of the outstanding practitioners in this field;
Named as a 'Leader in her field' (Banking & Finance) by Chambers Global 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010;
Recommended by clients in the 2011 edition of the IFLR1000 in the field of Capital Markets; and
Received numerous awards and prizes including best student in various subjects, Academic honorary colours, The Law Society of the Transvaal's prize for the most outstanding achievement in BProc exams and Butterworths prize for the best final year LLB student.