Stuart McCafferty is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Practice at Webber Wentzel.
He obtained his BA and LLB degrees from the University of Natal and has a Diploma in Dispute Resolution from the University of Pretoria & AFSA.
Stuart is the director of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa and a member of its Management Committee. He is also on the Steering Committee which serves as the Executive Authority of Africa ADR.
Areas of expertise
- Group actions/mass tort litigation
- Engineering and construction law
- Telecommunications law
- Contractual disputes
- General commercial litigation
- Product liability
- Arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer in the field of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Global 2009 - 2017.
- Listed by Who's Who Legal as a leading individual in Commercial Litigation 2012, 2014 and 2015.
- Endorsed as a Dispute Resolution Lawyer by PLC Which Lawyer? 2008-2012.
- Listed by Legal Experts EMEA 2012 as an expert in his field.
- Named as a leading individual in the area of Dispute Resolution by Legal Experts – Europe, Middle East & Africa 2012 - 2013 a legal business report for Legal 500. According to this publication, clients see him as an "excellent strategic thinker".
- Named by Legal 500 2017 as a legal expert (Dispute Resolution).