Scholarships at Webber Wentzel
Webber Wentzel offers partial scholarships worth ZAR 50,000 each to dedicated South African law students.
Recipients of Webber Wentzel scholarships are people who we believe have the potential to become successful Webber Wentzel lawyers. As a recipient you will have the opportunity to participate in the Webber Wentzel student opportunities. Webber Wentzel will consider employing scholarship recipients as candidate attorneys when they graduate, depending on their academic achievements, the existence of suitable vacancies and their performance in the recruitment process.
How to apply for scholarships at Webber Wentzel
Applications for scholarships are open annually from 1 November to 30 January. Scholarship application form
Requirement for consideration:
- South African citizen
- Studying at a South African Institution
- Registered for the penultimate year of study towards an LLB degree in the year the scholarship is awarded
- Maintain a minimum 65% academic average (academic excellence)
Other factors that may be considered in appropriate cases include:
- previously disadvantaged backgrounds; and
- the ability to demonstrate financial need.
We require the following to accompany your application:
- Scholarship application form
- certified copy of ID
- academic transcripts of LLB degree up to and including November of the current year of study
- academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification (and any other relevant qualifications)
- matric certificate
- a certified copy of Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse or your latest pay-slip or latest financial statement if self-employed.
- sworn affidavits for each of your unemployed Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse.
- a certified death certificate for each of your deceased Parent(s)/ Guardian/ Spouse. If death certificates are not available you may attach sworn affidavits for each of the deceased.
- a certified copy of the divorce certificate if your parents/ you are divorced or a sworn affidavit if they/you are separated but not divorced.
If you have any queries please contact the Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com
Phindile Hlabangane | Graduate Recruitment Manager
+27 11 530 5432.
Nokwazi Sibiya | Graduate Recruitment Consultant
+2711 530 5323