Webber Wentzel is one of South Africa’s leading law firms. With over 400 lawyers, a total staff complement of approximately 800 people, and offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, we provide clients with innovative solutions to their most complex legal issues.
Our market-leading position is reinforced by a number of accolades and achievements including being:
- named Sub-Saharan Africa Legal Adviser of the Year at the European M&A Awards hosted by the Financial Times & Mergermarket
- ranked in every practice area researched by Chambers Global with more individuals identified as leading lawyers in their areas of expertise than any other South African law firm
- included in the top tier for Capital Markets, Competition, Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance and in the second tier for Banking by the IFLR 1000
- named in all 11 categories researched by Legal 500
- the only South African firm to be included in the Who’s Who Legal 100 in 2013
- named South Africa Law Firm of the Year for the fifth time and the third consecutive year with our lawyers listed more frequently than any other firm in the country by Who’s Who Legal
- the only South African law firm to have been selected as a World Economic Forum Global Growth Company for 2014
Our specialist expertise is grouped into:
- Banking, projects & regulatory law
- Commercial law
- Corporate law
- Dispute resolution
- Tax law
Our lawyers collaborate across these areas to provide comprehensive legal solutions across a variety of sectors including:
- Agribusiness, Food & Beverage
- Construction & Engineering
- Energy & Infrastructure
- Financial Services
- Oil & Gas
- Private Equity
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology
Through our collaborative alliance with Linklaters, our clients have access to a leading Africa practice (Linklaters was named Africa Law Firm of the Year 2013 by Chambers Global) and international expertise including Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and New York law capability.
Our offering is enhanced by our network of best friend law firms across sub-Saharan Africa, and our associate membership of the Africa Legal Network, an integrated network of 13 African law firms.
Together we provide clients with local capability coupled with market leading experience and expertise.