Understanding the complexities of the law, as it applies to people-management, is a critical part of building successful relationships and businesses.
We work with corporates, state-owned entities and individuals in relation to a broad spectrum of individual employment law matters, including:
- assistance in drafting and implementing employment policies and procedures;
- assistance in drafting and negotiating employment contracts for blue-collar employees, executives, managers, permanent employees, employees for a fixed term, independent contractors and cross-border secondment arrangements;
- assistance with disciplinary proceedings;
- assistance with performance management matters;
- assistance in respect of the removal of directors and executives in line with good corporate governance;
- advice and assistance with the employment of foreign nationals;
- advice in relation to redundancies and restructurings;
- advice in respect of the employment aspects of liquidations and business rescue proceedings;
- advice in respect of employment equity related matters, including affirmative action and compliance with the Black Economic Empowerment Act, its Codes and Sectoral Codes and Scoring mechanisms;
- advice in relation to the impact of mergers and acquisitions on employees, transfers of a business as a going concern and workforce reductions;
- advice in relation to unfair dismissals and unfair labour practices;
- advice in relation to discrimination law and disputes, including sexual harassment;
- advice in relation to privacy issues in the workplace and access to information matters; and
- advice relating to drafting and enforcing restraints of trade.
Issues related to data protection and social media are also increasingly emerging within the employment law realm, and we regularly advise employers and employees on such issues.
We also provide a beginning-to-end multidisciplinary forensic investigations service to clients, focused on employee misconduct and fraud.