We have extensive experience in advising both the private and public sector on mining governance and regulation. We have good relationships with industry regulators in many African countries and can steer clients through the challenges of investing in a highly-regulated environment.
Our experience includes:
- reviewing applications for prospecting and mining rights;
- assisting with compliance with the Mineral Petroleum Resources Development Act and related regulations and queries from the Department of Mineral Resources;
- assisting with mineral rights management and managing amendments to existing rights;
- processing of rights through the Mineral and Petroleum Titles Registration Office in respect of disputes (such as issues with licenses, competing rights or overlapping rights); and
- assisting with and preparing submissions on the Mining Charter.